Happy Santa Claus Parade Day, everyone,
As we all get bundled up and head downtown to see Santa, I wanted to give you an update on what our Chapter has been up to.
1. Our Christmas Basket Fundraiser is really ramping up. I have attached the latest list, and as you can see, we already have a lot of items collected. If you have your item for the basket, and you’re wondering how to get it to us, please let one of the Executive know, and we’ll arrange to have it picked up or delivered to us. If you would like to sell tickets for the basket, let Wanda Jarvis know, and she can e-mail them to you. Also important to remember is that this basket will be duplicated and presented to the Local Food Bank just in time for Christmas.
2. We had an absolutely wonderful luncheon at Clovelly last week. The food, the venue, the ambiance was second to none. If the company you work for is looking for a venue for meetings, parties, retreats, etc., Clovelly is the spot. A link to Clovelly is on our website, so have a look.
3. Our Christmas Wine Tasting Event is coming up. Monday, December 2nd at the NLC location in Howley Estates. Hopefully everyone has seen the invitation that Wanda forwarded to the membership. If you have any questions about it or would like to register, please contact Wanda or one of the Executive.
4. Our AP Day this year will be held at Clovelly on Wednesday, April 23rd. It is shaping up to be a very exciting day. We will have an education session in the morning, a key note luncheon speaker, and lots of ticket draws. Stay tuned for more details.
5. Our student chapter is moving right along. Many of the students have taken advantage of our Chapter’s mentor program and attended our education sessions and chapter meetings. We are planning to roll out a special East Coast Admins Student of Excellence program after Christmas. This will be along the same lines as the IAAP Member of Excellence, so the students will have the opportunity to complete either one. Achieving Student of Excellence will mean you will be recognized at the Chapter level, while achieving the Member of Excellence means you will be recognized at the international IAAP level. All will be revealed in early January.
6. Eastern Canada Division’s president, Gayle Johnson, has initiated a President’s Award for 2013-2014. This award will be given out four times during this fiscal year, and is based on an Administrative Professional who incorporates the Core Values of the IAAP. I have attached the nomination form for this award, and all the information is on our website. The deadline to submit your nomination for the first award is December 1st. This is a fabulous way to recognize our members who you feel go above and beyond for the Chapter.
Wow…That’s a lot of information. I’m always excited to let you, as members, know what our Chapter is doing. If you ever have any questions or suggestions, please forward them to me or to any member of the Executive. Have a great week. 31 more sleeps until Christmas…..just sayin….
Debbie Chafe Wanda Jarvis
ECA Executive 2013 - 2014
Susan Hutchings Courtney Aylward